At the moment allotments are staying open, though all meetings and similar activities should be postponed. Councils and allotment societies will be working hard to get appropriate signage up at sites to give plot holders guidance on visiting in line with government advice. It is vitally important, to keep yourself and others safe, that you follow the advice given below:
- Do not visit your allotment if you have symptoms such as coughs, fever, shortness of breath (more information about symptoms can be found on the NHS website here) OR if you are self isolating.
- You are advised not the visit your allotment if you are in a high risk group
- Maintain social distancing of at least 2 meters
- Ideally visit on your own
- Keep hand sanitiser with you and use before opening and closing any gates/locks and wash your hands with it regularly
- Do not wash your hands in the water tanks
- Avoid touching your face
- Do not share tools or other items
The National Allotment Society (NAS) are also recommending that that all communal facilities are closed. The latest measures in regard to COVID-19 recommended by the NAS can be found here.